Scrummy Rummy Brownies
A recipe for chocolate and rum lovers alike!
- 100g butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 30g cocoa
- 50ml Barti Spiced Rum
1. Heat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Line a 22cm square brownie tin with baking parchment. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Cool to room temperature.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and add the rum. Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa and fold.
6. (You could choose to add 100g of chopped milk chocolate chunks here, or 100g of toasted, roughly chopped walnuts.)
7. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top is cracked but the middle just about cooked. Cool completely, then lift out of the tin and cut.
This is an adaptation of a recipe originally posted on olivemagazine.com