Some will be familiar with Barti Art, for others this concept is about to brighten up your winter nights and get you back on the creative bandwagon. Or help you on the bandwagon for your first ride? Who knows! All you need to know is that Barti Art 2023, in summary, is an art competition.
We’ve held Barti Art twice before, you guys create beautiful things and send them to us, our judges select winners who receive Barti rum and cash prizes, then a charity exhibition and auction is held in Pembrokeshire – this year at The Old Point House in Angle between 18th – 26th Feb. This time around we have moved the competition to earlier in the year in order to add a bit of sparkle to the gloomy winter. The competition is open to everyone over the age of 18, from those who haven’t picked up a pencil since they were at school, to professional artists. We want to see it all, and most importantly we want those who enter to enjoy being creative.
Previous winners, include Daisy B for “The Ballad of Barti Ddu”, mind blowing wood worker Oli Lee for this ceramic artist Joanne Robey for her rum pourer pictured below as well as Amy Wolfe’s illustration of two beach go-ers enjoying a drop of Barti on the sand, also below.
We will accept all forms of art from floristry to origami to print. The theme is broadly “Barti Spiced Rum”. Do with that as you wish. Possible themes might be; seaweed, the beach, cocktails, adventures, nature, the sea, drinking, the spices (vanilla, clove cinnamon, orange & lemon), nights out, nights in, the raw sugar cane, the bottle itself, waves, ships, Barti Ddu the pirate, elements of Barti Ddu’s story, Wales’s link to piracy.
More examples of entries from previous years.
Send your art work to the address below whenever you wish, before the 15th Feb 2023.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be over 18 to enter a piece of art.
- Art can be anything but should be original and belong to the sender.
- Once art is delivered it becomes property of Barti Rum unless otherwise agreed prior to delivery.
- Art work must be delivered to the above pictured address before Friday 10th Feb 2023 to be included.
- Entries will be displayed at the exhibition, with the possible exception of film, music and exceptionally large pieces if the exhibition venue cannot accommodate these. Offensive or dangerous pieces will not be included.
- It is up to Barti Rum which pieces make it into the charity auction.